Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 44
- 44 3-Bedroom
- 20%, 30%, 60% AMI
- Completed in 2002
- Owner • General Contractor • Developer Property Manager • Supportive Services Provider
- Tax-Exempt Bonds
- LIHTC - 4%
- HCD MHP
- City of Escondido RDA Loan
- FHLB AHP
- Permanent Loan
- Developer Equity
- Learning Center
- Laundry Facility
- Computer Room
- Gated Community
- 2011 San Diego Housing Federation Outstanding Service to Residents Award
- 2003 San Diego Housing Federation Rehabilitation Project of the Year
The award-winning Cobblestone Village has been recognized for both its dramatic revitalization of 44 3-bedroom apartments completed in 2002 as well as its ongoing social services targeted at helping students learn and prepare for a better future. The property is located close to schools, shopping and medical facilities.
After School and Beyond, HOPE’s signature afterschool program helps children and youth in grades K-8 to complete their homework, improve reading skills, build self-confidence, and develop social skills.
- KidzLit Balanced Literacy
- Virtual Vacations
- Daily recreation and nutrition education
Impact on Participants
- 89% of children report that they do a better job of completing their homework at After School and Beyond than at home.
- 92% of parents report that caring staff give their child individualized attention.