Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 200
- 112 1-Bedroom • 88 2-Bedrooms
- 175 units are Project-Based Section 8 Completed in 2013.
- Owner • Developer • Property Manager Supportive Services Provider
- CDBG Disaster Recovery
- Permanent Loan
- Developer Equity
- Community Room
- Swimming Pool
- Laundry Facility
National CORE’s substantial improvements to the Colony of Humble community, including a new beautifully-designed community center, are mirrored by Hope through Housing’s offerings of best-practice social services available to children, youth and families in this community.
Colony of Humble’s service strategy is targeted toward helping adults achieve economic stability by increasing their basic skills and education levels.
- Adult education classes aid adults in completing their GED or high school diploma, preparing for post-secondary education or training, and making sound financial decisions.
- Individual tutoring services assist adults to master basic skills so that they can pass GED classes and entrance exams for post-secondary education opportunities.
Impact on Participants
- Among residents of low income housing nationwide, 58% have not completed high school
as compared to 24% in market rate housing.
- The greatest predictor of a child’s success in school is the parent’s education; with better
access to educational resources, parents can both change their own lives and impact
their children’s futures.