Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 62 (including six dedicated service enriched units for homeless seniors with chronic mental illness)
- 55 1-Bedroom • 7 2-Bedroom
- 25%, 35%, 45%, and 50% AMI
Completed in 2011.
- Owner • Developer • Property Manager
Supportive Services Co-Provider
- LACDC HOME Loan
- HACOLA Industry Loan
- LACDC CCP Homeless Loan
- State HCD Infill Infrastructure Grant
- Raymond James & Associates, Inc. LIHTC
- HACOLA Permanent Bank Loan
- Deferred Developer Fee
- Community Center
- Laundry Facilities
- Reading Room
- Service Kitchen
- Outdoor Community Area
- Security Gates and Controlled Access
- 2012 National Association of Homebuilders
National Pillar of the Industry Award for Best Creative Financing of an Affordable Apartment
The national award-winning Encanto Court is a beautiful three story apartment community located in the heart of Los Angeles. Financed by an innovative and resourceful use of loans, credits and state funds, Encanto Court is designed to serve the housing and social needs of a diverse group of seniors.
Hope’s Connections to Care program ensures that seniors have basic needs met, continue to exercise their mind and body, and remain socially connected.
- Care Managers work one-on-one with residents
- Fit after Fifty physical exercise
- Computer literacy instruction
- Monthly interest groups meet to discuss selected topics.
- Hope integrates technology into its socialization programs
Impact on Participants
- During 2012, Hope began tracking hospital readmission rates for COPD, diabetes, and congestive heart failure. Over a 14-month period, Encanto Court residents experienced only one hospital readmission within 30 days.