Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 93
- 75 1-Bedroom
- 18 2-Bedroom
- 50% AMI
- Completed in 2005
- Co-Owner • Co-Developer • Property Manager Supportive Services Provider
- Tax-Exempt Bonds
- FHLB AHP
- LIHTC - 4%
- CCRC Permanent Loan
- Fontana Housing Authority Loan
- Indoor and Outdoor Community Lounges
- Swimming Pool and Spa
- Planned Activities, Events and Seminars
- Computer Room and Media Center
- Fitness Center
- 2006 Apartment Assoc. of the Greater Inland Empire Community of the Year
- 2008 National Affordable Housing Mgmnt Assoc. Community of Quality Award
The Gardens at Sierra is part of a four-property senior community aimed to help revitalize downtown Fontana. Each property has its own state of the art community center, where Hope through Housing provides best practice senior services to ensure residents remain healthy and socially engaged.
HOPE’s Connections to Care program helps seniors maintain their independence and health by ensuring basic needs are met, providing opportunities to exercise their mind and body, and engaging them with their community.
- Care Managers work one-on-one with residents.
- “Dignity Grocery Store,” Emergency Food Vouchers, and “Veggie Bingo” ensure residents receive nutritious fruits, vegetables and staples.
- Water Aerobics and Walking Clubs
Impact on Participants
- HOPE’s Care Manager help residents access Medicaid and other medical benefits
- 1,200 seniors were ensured basic needs with emergency food vouchers or emergency utility vouchers