Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 100
- 40 1-Bedroom
- 36 2-Bedroom
- 24 3-Bedroom
- 35%, 50%, 60%, 80% AMI
- Completed in 2005
- Owner • Developer • General Contractor Property Manager • Supportive Services Provider
- CCRC Permanent Loan
- Community Room
- Learning Center
- Two Playgrounds
- Laundry Facility
Hawthorne Terrace, National CORE’s first inclusionary funded project in Los Angeles County, was previously known as a neighborhood fraught with gang violence. National CORE performed a substantial renovation to the property upon acquisition and transformed Hawthorne Terrace into a stable, family-friendly community.
After School and Beyond, HOPE’s signature afterschool program, helps children in grades K-8 complete their homework, improve reading skills, build selfconfidence, and develop social skills.
- KidzLit Balanced Literacy
- Virtual Vacations
- Daily Recreation and nutrition education
Impact on Participants
- 87% of children say that After School and Beyond helps them do better in school.
- 78% of students report that they have developed a trusting relationship with an adult.