Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 60
- 60 1-Bedroom
- 30%, 45%, 50%, 60% AMI
- Completed in 2010
- Owner • Developer • Property Manager Supportive Services Provider
- LIHTC - 9%
- City of Escondido RDA/HOME Loan
- HCD Infill Infrastructure Grant
- Permanent Loan
- Developer Loan
- Community Center
- Computer Room
- Laundry Facility
- 2011 San Diego Housing Federation Housing Project of the Year, 50 units or more
Juniper Senior Village is an integral part of downtown revitalization efforts by the City of Escondido. The beautiful community serves as a best practice example of how urban in-fill, low-income elderly housing should be created and can be supported by excellent geriatric social services.
HOPE’s Connections to Care program ensures that seniors have basic needs met, continue to exercise their mind and body, and remain socially connected.
- Care Managers work one-on-one with residents to ensure they are linked to appropriate benefit programs, and have access to needed medical appointments and medications.
- Tai-Chi, Chair Exercises and Walking Clubs
- Computer literacy instruction
Impact on Participants
- 72% of HOPE’s senior residents take more than seven medications daily. Residents are able to reduce the cost burden of these medications with help accessing Medicaid and other medical benefits.
- Exercise clubs help keep the seniors at Juniper Senior Village physically fit and offers opportunities to develop friendships; new research from the National Academy of Science tells us that walking stimulates the brain, helping to ward off memory loss in older adults.