Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 80
- 3 1-Bedroom
- 46 2-Bedroom
- 31 3-Bedroom
- 40%, 60% AMI
- New construction mixed-use family development on approximately 3.08 acres. Completed in 2008.
- Owner • Developer • Property Manager Supportive Services Provider
- Tax-Exempt Bonds
- LIHTC - 4%
- HCD MHP Loan
- Permanent Loan
- City of Oceanside RDA Loan
- Commercial Lease Area
- Outdoor Community Areas
- Laundry Facilities
- Day Care Center with a Service Kitchen
- Property Management & Maintenance
- 2009 San Diego Housing Federation Housing Project of the Year, 50 units or more
Completed in 2008, La Misión added attractive, affordable housing to a commercial corridor of Oceanside as an opportunity to promote a positive jobs-housing balance. National CORE and the City of Oceanside committed La Misión to being a healthy living development, featuring a smoke-free environment, an onsite health
clinic and a preschool for low-income families.
HOPE partners with Quality Children’s Services to provide onsite preschool for children ages 3-5.
- Literacy rich environment
- Play-based learning experiences
- Social activities
Impact on Participants
- The National Institute for Early Education Research tells us that children who attend high-quality preschool enter kindergarten better prepared to learn to read.
- Head Start studies tell us that at-risk children who attend preschool are significantly more likely to graduate high school and attend college than their peers who do not attend preschool.