Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 18
- 17 1-Bedroom
- 1 2-Bedroom (Manager's Unit)
- Completed in 2014
- Owner • Developer • Property Manager • Supportive Services Provided by United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA)
- LIHTC – 9% / Raymond James Tax Credit Funds, Inc.
- HUD Section 811 Funds
- The City of Montclair
- FHLB AHP Funds / Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Community Center with Computer Lab
- Laundry Facilities Outdoor Community Lounge
- Gated Community
- All units designed for comfortable accommodation of wheelchair users, including roll-in showers
- Energy-efficient windows, water-efficient landscaping and fixtures
San Emi is an 18-unit apartment community designed and built specifically for adults with developmental disabilities, and includes onsite services provided by United Cerebral Palsy. San Emi is part of a larger neighborhood campus of four National CORE communities serving more than 600 adult, family and senior residents in Montclair.
CORE partners with United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) to provide high-quality programs and services onsite to San Emi residents.
- UCPLA works with residents to develop and implement an individualized service plan, goal plan or independent living plan.
- Provides residents with information about available services in the community
- Assists residents to access services through referral and advocacy
- Organizes community-building and other enrichment activities for residents
- Offers individualized assistance, counseling and advocacy to residents, including assistance in accessing education, securing employment, securing benefits, gaining skills or improving health and wellness