Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 84
- 84 1-Bedroom
- 50% and 60% AMI
- Completed in 2009
- Owner • Developer • Property Manager Supportive Services Provider
- City of Montclair RDA
- LIHTC – 4%
- Permanent Bank Loan
- HUD 202 Funds
- Developers Equity
- Community Center
- Senior Wellness Program
- Laundry Facilities
- Outdoor Community Area
- Southern California Assoc. of Non Profit Housing 2010 Senior Housing Project of the Year Hon. Mention
- 2010 National Assoc. of Homebuilders Best Creative Financing of an Affordable Housing Community
- 2010 National Assoc. of Redevelopment Officials Award of Merit in Housing and Community Development
- 2013 Apartment Assoc. of the Greater Inland Empire Senior Community of the Year
San Marino’s award-winning 84 apartment home community offers its senior residents a diverse array of social services catered to their individual needs. The property’s first-of-its-kind financing model for California seniors combined tax credits with a HUD 202 grant that serves as a model for the industry.
HOPE’s Connections to Care program ensures that seniors have basic needs met, continue to exercise their mind and body, and remain socially connected.
- “Dignity Grocery Store,” Emergency Food Vouchers, and a community vegetable garden maintained in conjunction with The Incredible Edible Garden ensure residents receive nutritious fruits, vegetables and staples.
- Cooking classes
- One-on-one computer literacy instruction
Impact on Participants
- Regular physical care and health education significantly reduces episodes of hospital readmission and advancement of chronic illnesses.
- Food fresh from the local farmers market allows residents access to these higher cost yet essential foods.