Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 63
- 55 1-Bedroom
- 8 2-Bedroom
- 50% AMI
- Completed in 2005
- Owner • Developer • Property Manager Supportive Services Provider
- Tax-Exempt Bonds
- LIHTC - 4%
- City of Industry Loan
- Bell Land Loan
- LACDC HOME Loan
- FHLB AHP
- Developer Equity
- Community Room
- Learning Center
- Laundry Facility
National CORE’s first infill development in Los Angeles County, The Oaks on Florence transformed a vacant lot into a three-story community of affordable apartment homes for seniors. Hope through Housing provides residents with onsite social services while the property is close to retail and public transportation.
HOPE’s Connections to Care program ensures that seniors have basic needs met, continue to exercise their mind and body, and remain socially connected.
- Care Managers work one-on-one with residents
- Educational health fairs sponsored by the University of Southern California
- “Dignity Grocery Store” provides healthy fruit and vegetable choices
- Computer literacy instruction
Impact on Participants
- HOPE’s ongoing care management and partnership with USC help seniors maintain their health and manage chronic diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure.
- 98% of Oaks on Florence seniors are non-native English speakers; bilingual, culturally sensitive Care Managers educate them about resources and help them navigate complicated systems to receive the care and benefits they need.