Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 106
- 36 1-Bedroom
- 34 3-Bedrooms
- 36 2-Bedrooms
- 30%, 40%, 50%, 60% AMI
- Completed in 2014
- LEED Silver qualified
- Owner • General Contractor • Developer • Property Manager • Supportive Services Provider
- City of San Marcos RDA Loan
- Permanent Loan
- Developer Equity
- 3,884 square feet of indoor community space, including a preschool and a computer lab
- 6,140 sq. ft. of neighborhood-serving retail
- Centralized laundry facilities
- Outdoor community areas
- Two playgrounds
Westlake Village is the latest development in National CORE and the City of San Marcos’ ambitious strategy to completely revitalize the Richmar neighborhood, which for nearly two decades had been blighted and crime-ridden. The community includes 6,140 square feet of retail space to support the neighborhood and a 3,884 square foot community center that houses social services including a high-quality preschool.
After School and Beyond, HOPE’s signature afterschool program helps children and youth in grades K-8 to complete their homework, improve reading skills, build self-confidence, and develop social skills.
Westlake Village also includes an onsite preschool that serves local young children and their families.
- KidzLit Balanced Literacy
- Virtual Vacations
- Peace Builders
- Daily recreation and nutrition education
Impact on Participants
- At-risk children who attend preschool are significantly more likely to graduate high school and attend college than their peers who do not attend preschool.
- 89% of children say they do a better job of completing their homework at After School and Beyond than at home.