Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 144
- 40 1-Bedroom
- 4 2-Bedrooms
- Completed in 2005
- Owner • Developer • Property Manager • Supportive Services Provider
- Permanent Loans
- Developer Equity
- Community Room
- Learning Center
- Laundry Facility
- Wheelchair Accessible with Roll-in Showers
Located in a rural area of Little Rock, The Cottages apartment community is National CORE’s largest special needs project for physically and developmentally disabled adults and seniors. Hope through Housing works in this community to ensure that the challenges of its very vulnerable residents are addressed on a daily basis.
HOPE’s Connections to Care program ensures that seniors and individuals with disabilities have basic needs met, continue to exercise their mind and body, and remain socially connected.
- Care Managers provide overall health and wellness assessments and help residents connect with services
- On site food bank
- Health professionals provide regular health screenings, medication management, and health education.
- Dental Hygienists offer regular dental care
- Text-and-Tell offers free cell phones to all residents
- Life Skills workshops help residents adapt to their unique challenges
- Community Garden
Impact on Participants
- 68% of HOPE’s senior and disabled residents report food insecurity or not enough food to sustain them through the month; over 1,200 bags of groceries are distributed to senior and disabled adults annually at HOPE’s properties.
- 98% of HOPE’s seniors and disabled adults manage two or more chronic illnesses with multiple medications. Regular visits by medical professionals help monitor that medications are being taken regularly.