Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 64
- 44 2-Bedroom
- 20 3-Bedroom
- 40%, 55% AMI
- Completed in 2005
- Owner • Developer • General Contractor Property Manager • Supportive Services Provider
- Tax-Exempt Bonds
- LIHTC - 4%
- HCD MHP
- Community Center
- Learning Center
- Swimming Pool
- Laundry Facilities
- 2008 National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) Award of Merit
National CORE completed an extensive rehabilitation of Mission Pointe upon acquisition, adding third bedrooms to 20 of the units to accommodate larger families and building a new community center that now houses afterschool programs. Mission Pointe is located within walking distance of the Univeristy of California at Riverside as well as retail options, parks, schools, public transportation and medical facilities.
After School and Beyond, HOPE’s signature afterschool program, helps children in grades K-8 to complete their homework, improve reading skills, build selfconfidence, and develop social skills.
- KidzLit Balanced Literacy
- Virtual Vacations
- Daily recreation and nutrition education
- Youth-selected clubs
Impact on Participants
- 89% of children say they do a better job of completing their homework at After School and Beyond than at home.
- 75% report that they feel more interested in school because of After School and Beyond.