Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 90
- 72 1-Bedroom
- 18 2-Bedroom
- 30%, 45%, 50% AMI
- Completed in 2009
- Co-Owner • Co-Developer • Property Manager Supportive Services Provider
- LIHTC - 9%
- Fontana Housing Authority
- CCRC Permanent Loan
- Indoor and Outdoor Community Lounges
- Swimming Pool and Spa
- Planned Activities, Events and Seminars
- Computer Room and Media Center
- Fitness Center
- Putting Green
- 2012 Multi-Housing News Excellence Awards Best New Development: Seniors Housing
- 2010 Building Industry Assoc. of Southern Calif. 50+ Housing Council Project of the Year
The Plaza at Sierra was the fourth and final phase of National CORE’s partnership with the City of Fontana to develop and build high-quality affordable housing for seniors in the city’s downtown area. Altogether, the four-property community added 384 units of award-winning apartments, with each property equipped with state of the art community and fitness centers.
HOPE’s Connections to Care program helps seniors maintain their independence and health by ensuring basic needs are met, providing opportunities to exercise their mind and body, and engaging them with their community.
- Care Managers work one-on-one with residents.
- “Dignity Grocery Store,” Emergency Food Vouchers, and “Veggie Bingo” ensure residents receive nutritious fruits, vegetables and staples.
- Water Aerobics and Walking Clubs
Impact on Participants
- HOPE’s Care Manager helps seniors access medical care
- Internet access allows seniors to not only stimulate their brain but remain more socially engaged