Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 124
- 96 1-Bedroom
- 28 Studios
- 40%, 50%, 60% AMI
- Completed in 1999
- Owner • Developer • Property Manager Supportive Services Provider
- Tax-Exempt Bonds
- LIHTC - 4%
- FHLB AHP
- Permanent Loan
- City of West Covina RDA Loan
- Bus/Public Transportation
- Controlled Access & Gated Entrances
- Pool and Spa
- BBQ Area
- Career & Education Center with Internet Access
- 2009 Apartment Assoc. of the Greater Inland Empire Best Affordable Housing Community of the Year
- 2002 Apartment Assoc. of the Greater Inland Empire Most Improved Community of the Year
Promenade was formerly a blighted, overcrowded hotel that had become “housing of last resort” for many low-income families and individuals who were paying rent by the week. National CORE acquired and completely revitalized the property in 1999, transforming Promenade into a stable community of affordable apartment homes.
Promenade offers a welcoming community room equipped with computers for residents to search employment opportunities, take online courses, and stay connected to family and friends.
- Afterschool tutoring and homework help
- Exercise and nutrition classes for adults
Impact on Participants
- Research tells us that students do much better academically when they spend their non-school hours engaged in fun, educational activities.
- Low-income families are disproportionately affected by poor health and obesity-related diseases. HOPE is working toward alleviating this disparity by teaching adults how to take better care of themselves.