Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 82
- 42 2-Bedroom
- 40 3-Bedroom
- 20%, 30%, 60% AMI
- Completed in 2003
- Owner • General Contractor • Developer Property Manager • Supportive Services Provider
- Tax-Exempt Bonds
- LIHTC - 4%
- HCD MHP
- CalHFA HELP
- Permanent Loan
- Developer Equity
- County of San Diego HOME/HOPWA
- City of Santee CDC Loan
- Swimming Pool
- Community Room
- Laundry Facility
- Learning Facility
- Gated Community
- 2005 National Assoc. of Home Builders (NAHB) Pillars of the Industry Finalist: Best Rehabilitation of an Asset
- 2004 Heartland Human Relations & Fair Housing Assoc. Housing Award
Shadow Hill is the result of an ambitious rehabilitation plan by National CORE to renovate 60 existing multi-family units and construct 22 new units of affordable apartments in one of the most expensive housing markets in the state. The revitalization replaced
1 ½ blocks of overcrowded and unsanitary living spaces with
a community of charming apartment homes.
After School and Beyond, HOPE’s signature afterschool program, helps children and youth in grades K-8 to complete their homework, improve reading skills, build self-confidence, and develop social skills.
- KidzLit Balanced Literacy
- Virtual Vacations
- Daily recreation and nutrition education
Impact on Participants
- 78% of students in After School and Beyond report having developed a trusting relationship with an adult.
- 95% of After School and Beyond parents report that staff make them feel welcome and keep them informed on their child’s progress and ways they can help.