Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 108 1-Bedroom
Affordability: 100% Affordable
- Completed in 2002
- Co-Owner • Co-Developer • Property Manager • Supportive Services Provider
- City of Fontana RDA Loan
- FHLB AHP
- CCRC Permanent Loan
- Indoor and Outdoor Community Lounges
- Swimming Pool and Spa
- Planned Activities, Events and Seminars
- Computer Room and Media Center
- Fitness Center
- 2006 Apartment Assoc.of the Greater Inland Empire Community of the Year
- 2008 National Affordable Housing Mgmnt Assoc. Community of Quality Award
As part of an extensive downtown revitalization effort, the City of Fontana partnered with National CORE and fellow developer Related California to build the Village at Sierra, a three-story Spanish- style community of 107 one-bedroom units. Village at Sierra provides seniors an amenity-rich community that is pedestrian-friendly and close to senior services and public transportation
HOPE’s Connections to Care program helps seniors maintain their independence and health by ensuring basic needs are met, providing opportunities to exercise their mind and body, and engaging them with their community.
- Care Managers work one-on-one with residents.
- “Dignity Grocery Store,” Emergency Food Vouchers,and “Veggie Bingo” ensure residents receive nutritious fruits, vegetables and staples.
- Water Aerobics and Walking Clubs
Impact on Participants
- HOPE’s “Dignity Grocery Stores” helped over 900 food insecure seniors monthly across all properties last year
- Walking Club helps keep the residents physically fit and offers opportunities to develop friendships