Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 36
- 36 1-Bedroom
- 45%, 50%, 60% AMI
- Completed in 2008
- Owner • Developer • General Contractor • Property Manager • Supportive Services Provider
- Tax-Exempt Bonds
- LIHTC - 4%
- City of Oceanside RDA Loan
- Gated Community
- BBQ Area
- Laundry Facility
- Conveniently located near Oceanside Senior Center
This small community was in danger of evicting its 36 low-income residents and losing its affordability status in 2007 when the previous owner sold it to a private investor. In partnership with the City of Oceanside, National CORE secured the future for senior residents, who today live in a beautiful community and are supported by the
Senior Wellness staff from Hope through Housing.
HOPE’s Connections to Care program ensures that seniors have basic needs met, continue to exercise their mind and body, and remain socially connected
- Care Managers meet with seniors one on one in their homes in this small property to ensure they are linked to appropriate benefit programs, and have access to needed medical appointments and medications.
- Care Managers organize monthly social activities in the courtyard to help prevent social isolation.
Impact on Participants
- “This place is not just a home. It’s a community. I tell all my friends to come live here.”
– Cape Cod Villas Resident
- 72% of HOPE’s senior residents take more than seven medications daily.
Residents are assited in accessing Medicaid and other medical benefits.