Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 80
- 20 1-Bedroom
- 40 2-Bedroom
- 20 3-Bedroom
- 100% Project Based Section 8
- Owner • Developer • Property Manager Supportive Services Provider
- TDHCA Tax Credit Exchange Program
- CDBG Disaster Recovery
- Permanent Loan
- Developer Equity
- Computer Learning Center
- BBQ Grills and Picnic Tables
- Laundry Facility
Located 45 miles south of Houston, Lexington Square provides quality affordable housing and social services for the families of Angleton. National CORE completely rehabilitated the community in 2012, renovating the units and expanding the office area to include a computer learning center for residents.
HOPE assists adults achieve economic stability by increasing their basic skills and education levels, and helps children and youth do better in school with afterschool programming.
- Adult education classes aid adults in completing their GED or high school diploma, preparing for post-secondary education or training, and making sound financial decisions.
- Afterschool programs help children and youth master basic subjects and complete their homework.
Impact on Participants
- The US Bureau of Labor statistics identifies increasing education levels as being the best way to reduce the chances of being poor. Higher education increases access to higher paying jobs with greater stability and opportunity for advancement.
- The greatest predictor of a child’s success in school is the parent’s education; with better access to educational resources, parents can both change their own lives and impact their children’s futures.