Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 160
- 160 2-Bedroom
- 50%, 60%, 80% AMI
- Completed in 1999
- Owner • Developer • Property Manager Supportive Services Provider
- County of Riverside HOME Loan
- City of Corona HOME Loan
- City of Corona RDA Loan
- FHLB of San Francisco AHP Grant
- Chase Mortgage Loan
- Community Center
- Laundry Facility
- Three Playgrounds
- Covered Parking
- 24-Hour Emergency Maintenance
- Controlled Access & Gated Entrances
- In the vicinity of retail, entertainment and schools
- 1999 Apartment Assoc. of the Greater Inland Empire Apartment Community of the Year – 151 units and up
- 2000 National Association of Homebuilders Pillars of the Industry Finalist: Best Rehab
- 2000 Affordable Housing Management Assoc. Communities of Quality: Best Turnaround of a Troubled Property
Corona del Rey has transformed what was once a dying neighborhood crippled by drugs and crime into a stable community of charming apartment homes with a family friendly environment that includes three playgrounds, a community center and onsite preschool.
HOPE partners with Quality Children’s Services to provide on-site preschool for children ages 3-5.
- Literacy rich environment
- Play-based learning experiences
- Social activities
Impact on Participants
- The National Institute for Early Education Research tells us that children who attend high-quality preschool enter kindergarten better prepared to learn to read.
- Head Start studies tell us that at-risk children who attend preschool are significantly more likely to graduate high school and attend college than their peers who do not attend preschool.