Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 50
- 35 2-Bedroom
- 15 3-Bedroom
- 30%, 45%, 50% AMI
- 50+ year affordability commitment
- Owner • Developer • General Contractor • Property Manager • Supportive Services Provider
- City of Downey Community Development Commission Housing Fund.
- City of Downey HOME
- HAC of LA City of Industry Fund
- LIHTC - 9%
- JP Morgan Chase
- Community Center
- Computer Lab
- Rooftop Garden
- Tot Lot
- Within walking distance to a wide-range of retail and community services
- Centralized Laundry Facilities
- Wide range of environmental-friendly features
- Onsite property management
Downey View is a six-story, state-of-the-art apartment complex, Downey View is a central element of the Downtown Downey Specific Plan, which was designed to create a lively urban community of affordable and market-rate housing, office space, retail establishments and restaurants. Downey View replaced an outdated telephone service building with an urban-infill, transit-oriented development complete with rooftop garden.
Adult Educational Services
At The View, CORE’s Hope through Housing Foundation offers services in adult economic mobility to residents as well as the Downey community.
- Adult Financial Literacy Training
- Health and Well-being Workshops
- Skill Building Classes
- Computer Skills Classes
- Others based on resident needs
Hope through Housing Foundation oversees a rooftop edible garden for residents at Downey View. The garden includes individual plots for resident use and serves as an outdoor classroom for children and families by providing workshops in farming, gardening, biodiversity and composting. Hope through Housing partners with community organizations to provide a broad base of resources and accessibility to green education and gardening for residents.