Project SpecificationsTotal Units: 160
- 24 1-Bedroom
- 72 2-Bedroom
- 52 3-Bedroom
- 12 4-Bedroom
- Completed in 2008
- Owner • Developer • Property Manager • Supportive Services Provider
- HUD HOME Funds Administrated by The City of Houston
- Permanent Loan
- Developer Equity
- Community Room
- Laundry Facility
Sunflower Terrace recently underwent an extensive rehabilitation to transform the aging Section 8 buildings into a proud and beautiful community for families in Houston. HOPE’s services at the property include individual tutoring services to assist adults to master basic skills so that they can pass GED classes and entrance exams for post-secondary education opportunities.
Sunflower Terrace’s service strategy is targeted toward helping adults achieve economic stability by increasing their basic skills and education levels.
- Adult education classes aid adults in completing their GED or high school diploma, preparing for post-secondary education or training, and making sound financial decisions.
Impact on Participants
- The US Bureau of Labor statistics identifies increasing education levels as being the best way to reduce the chances of being poor. Higher education increases access to higher paying jobs with greater stability and opportunity for advancement.
- The greatest predictor of a child’s success in school is the parent’s education; with better access to educational resources, parents can both change their own lives and impact their children’s futures