Villa Serena – Phase I
339 Marcos Street • San Marcos, California 92069
Now Accepting Pre-Applications!
Online Application Instructions
- Click on “Apply Online Here” button above. This will take you to the community page for Villa Serena – Phase I.
- From the Online Lease Page, click on “Register Now” button. Username and password is not needed to start your application.
- Click on “I do not have a registration code”.
- Follow the prompts to complete the application.
- You must complete the application to its entirely. The progress bar will show 100% once the application is ready for submission.
- A confirmation email will be sent once the application process has been completed. The email will indicate that your application has been sent to the property manager for review.
Should there be any issues with the site, please refresh your screen periodically or log in at a different time. Due to a high volume of interest, the system may go down temporarily. All applications will be equally considered regardless of submission date/time.
For more information regarding the pre-application process, download the Pre-Application Information Sheet.
Pre-applications can also be dropped off in-person BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
or mailed to:
9421 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Questions? Call (760) 744-2450 or email email@example.com
Applicants will be selected through a lottery process
- A lottery will be conducted to select candidates for this new development.
- All applications are given equal opportunity of being selected regardless of the time and date an application is submitted.
- The lottery will be done by an excel workbook that will have first and last name of applicant and a unique identifier. The excel workbook will randomly sort all pre-applicants.
- Applicants will be notified of their selection status via email approximately 48 hours post-lottery.
Acquired by National CORE in 1997, Villa Serena is now in the first of two phases of reconstruction that will transform the community. The first phase will create 85 apartment homes and the second phase will build another 63, replacing the original 136 units of housing with 148 beautiful new apartment homes. The community will provide much-needed housing for individuals and family’s household income-qualifying maximums at various set-asides ranging from 30 to 60 percent of the area median income. Thirty percent of the new apartment homes will be three-bedrooms to meet the needs of low-income families in the region. National CORE also will be working with the City of San Marcos and County of San Diego to set-aside eight apartment homes for young adults aging out of the foster care system.
Upon completion, Villa Serena will provide safe, sustainable, and affordable housing that complements the surrounding neighborhood. Hope through Housing Foundation will provide direct services as well as partner with local service providers to bring an array of programs, services, and resources to residents of the new community. Villa Serena, with a 1,933 square foot community center to serve as a hub for community events and activities, will offer essential services and best-in-class property management to promote stability, self-sufficiency, and overall well-being.
Total Units (148)
- 30 One-Bedroom
- 71 Two-Bedroom
- 45 Three-Bedroom
- 2 Manager’s Units
Affordability: 100% Affordable
- 30%, 40%, 50% and 60% of Area Median Income (AMI)
Applications for the property are not currently available, however, should you wish to sign up for the property mailing list, please submit the form to the right and we will email you an electronic flier once the development nears completion.
Anticipated Completion Date: Fall 2022
The application and eligibility process will commence approximately four months prior to the completion of construction. Applications will not be taken and no names or other information will be collected for any waitlist or qualification process until the leasing process is commenced.
Your entry of any information on this website, or into the mailing list, does not place you on any interest list, or waitlist, for future consideration as an applicant. No date for the beginning of the application process has been determined at this time.
Information about the Services Provider
Believing that both people and place matter in achieving community-wide well-being, Hope through Housing concentrates on direct services, partnerships, and other resources right in the neighborhoods that need them most. At the individual level, our goal is to see all people thrive—whether that means helping children do well in school, improving families’ financial situations, providing supportive services to individuals with special needs, or making it possible for seniors to age with dignity in their own homes. These individual successes add up, influencing the community’s quality of life and enabling real change in neighborhoods of poverty, crime, blight, and isolation.
Become a Resident
All National CORE owned and operated communities do not discriminate on the basis of disability status in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its federally assisted programs and activities. The person named below has been designated to coordinate compliance with the nondiscrimination requirements contained in the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s regulations implementing Section 504 (24 CFR, part 8 dated June 2, 1988), in addition to any accessibility or accommodations questions and concerns.
Bill Miller 9421 Haven Avenue | Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Dial 711 for California Telephone Relay Services (TRS) for hearing and speech disability assistance
• • • •
Building the Future of Community
• • • •