At National CORE, we strive to do our part to develop sustainable communities and implement conservation programs that maintain the health and stability of our neighborhoods.
With the State of California in the throes of a historic drought, National CORE began a system-wide conservation program in 2015 that saved nearly 11 million gallons of water in the first six months.
Conservation efforts include:
- Turf removal and smart irrigation. To date, nearly a quarter of a million square feet of turf has been replaced with drought-tolerant plants.
- Installation of high efficiency toilets, shower heads and flow restrictors, saving 26.6 million gallons of water per year
- Installation of high efficiency front load washers, saving 9.3 million gallons of water per year
- Installation of Demand Control Devices, enabling National CORE to heat water on demand and reducing electric and gas consumption
- Installation of Wi-Fi controlled thermostats, saving 30 percent on cooling and heating costs
- LED lighting upgrades: LED bulbs have a 15-year life span and use 70 percent less energy
For more information on National CORE’s conservation efforts, please contact Frank Taiese, Energy and Sustainability Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Most Water Efficient Community” Competition
In February 2015, National CORE launched the first “Doing Our Part” competition at 11 of our properties to enlist the help of residents in water conservation efforts. In August 2016, the property with the largest reduction in water usage will be named the “Most Water Efficient Community.” Residents from that community will have the chance to win prizes, including gift cards, a big screen television and tickets to Disneyland.
Follow us on www.facebook.com/nationalcore for more information on our conservation efforts and for updates on our “Doing Our Part” competition.
What Our Partners Say
-JoAnne Venter, WASH Multifamily Laundry Systems
-Richard Lopez-Blanco and Adrianna Bluhm, Advanced Environmental Landscape
saved since the implementation of our water conservation projects
saved since the installation of 6,667 LED light bulbs
since the implementation of our conservation projects
• • • •
Building the Future of Community
• • • •