Groundbreaking ceremony for Juniper Senior Village Apartments, a 60-unit affordable senior housing community in the city of Escondido. The development will be home to seniors age 62+ earning 30% to 60% of Area Median Income (AMI) for San Diego County which is currently $82,600 for a family of four (AMI is adjusted for household size). Rents are restricted and will range from approximately $441–$751 for the one-bedroom apartments. Total project cost is approximately $15.2 million.
Scheduled to speak are City of Escondido Mayor Lori Holt Pfeiler and National CORE representatives. Other city elected officials are expected to attend. National CORE, a nonprofit developer and property manager, is the developer for the project. In addition to high quality amenities and design, the property will offer future residents senior wellness services coordinated by Hope Through Housing Foundation.
This development was built to meet the city’s need for high-quality affordable senior housing. The units are all one-bedroom design. Amenities include:
• 1,522 square foot community center with service kitchen
• Jacuzzi spa
• Landscaping with attention to community and open space
• State of the art laundry facilities
• Controlled access gates and fencing
• New Energy Star appliances in all units
• On-site professional property management and leasing office
1 p.m. on Wednesday, October 21, 2009